Sunday, January 31, 2010

I Love you...

.......I love you, I love you!


I created this card using Penny Black stamps.  The frog, "viva diva", is not what I think of when thinking of Penny Black stamps but he has grown on me!  He's got great detail and character!
He's stamped with Versafine Black Onyx and clear embossed on natural card stock. I used Memento inks to watercolor him.  To use the inks as my color palette, I tapped the inks on a piece of acrylic packaging (I save some of the packaging from Spellbinders dies).  I used my watercolor brush to paint with the inks.  The colors I used are: Summer Sky, Dandelion, Bamboo Leaves, New Sprout, Lady Bug Tuxedo Black. 
I generally don't use water color paper for this technique.  I use a good card stock.  It will curl as it dries and may break down if it gets too wet. For a quick application of color, it works okay.  Once my image is almost dry, I stick it under a pile of books to flatten it.  Sometimes I iron it dry which flattens it, too.
"I love you" is from the Transparent set "piece of my heart".  If you look closely, you can see it's stamped repeatedly on the blue strip, too.  I colored the 3 little silver brads with a red Sharpie marker...I didn't have quite the right size red brads.  The ribbon is from Creative Impressions.
The crown is colored with gold and clear Spica markers.  I added Glossy Accents to each "gem" on the peaks.  I added Art Institute Crystal glitter while it was wet. 
All colored papers are from  Bazzill.
Enjoy!
-judy

No comments: