Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Love Birds

Hello! Do you remember me?
Wow, it has been a looong time!
Believe me I've wanted to post. If only my thoughts could have loaded a photo and written something!
Tonight I have a card I created for Penny Black's newest release of Valentine's and love stamps. You can see all of them here. Check out their home page, too! One of my cards is featured! The teddy bear with a heart box is also one of my cards. How cool is that!

I used the new "the forever dream" stamp for the love birds stamped with Memento Rich Cocoa. I added just a touch of color using these Copic markers: Y32, YG03, W00, E42, YR0000, YR000, E21, 0.
Once I had them colored, I used an Eclipse mask over the birds and then sprayed the background with Pearl Glimmer Mist.
The card front was stamped with "pointelle" (dots stamp) repeatedly with Versamark ink and then embossed with Silver Pearl embossing powder.
I used 2 circle Spellbinders dies for the opening around the birds: one in the card front and second smaller one for the inner border of luster weave paper.
Just part of the verse "full of life" is stamped on the oval, the rest is stamped inside. I used the Rich Cocoa ink and embossed it with clear.
I added a sheer ribbon to complete the design.

Thanks for stopping to look! I promise to have more to share after Christmas!

No comments: