Friday, December 4, 2009

Inspired by Tag 3

I'm sure enjoying Tim's Christmas tags!

Did you see his blog today? He used alcohol inks to create plaid backgrounds for 2 Christmas tags. I had to try it tonight!

Here's my creation..........


I wanted a subtle blue plaid. My stripes are more visible than the plaid. It's a quick easy technique!

For today's tag, I decided to use a piece of glossy paper the same size as a #8 tag but without a hole or cropped corners.

I stamped the deer with Archival black ink, then embossed it with Ranger Blue Glass EP........very shiny like glass. I masked the deer to stamp the trees, again with Archival Black ink. I added the snowflakes with Distress China Blue and Polysparkle EP.

"Believe" is stamped on glossy paper with Archival Black and embossed with Blue Glass EP. I rounded the corners and added brads. Holographic string is wrapped around the brads and behind the image. I added Polysparkle EP to each brad head.

I added Blue Glass EP to the edges of the dark blue mat. It's all added to the front of an aqua card with snowflakes around the edges stamped with Broken China and embossed with Blue Polysparkle EP.





This photo shows the background before I added any stamping. I used Ranger alcohol inks: Stream, Stonewashed, Denim.


Try this technique. It's so easy!

I hope you enjoyed my take on Tim's technique!
Now, you try it!

Thanks for visiting!

Smiles to you,
-judy

No comments: