Friday, December 25, 2009

A Gift to Share

Merry Christmas!

I hope everyone is enjoying this special day. Here in Minnesota, we're in the middle of a huge snowstorm. It sure changed lots of plans.

I have a gift to share.......

I made several of these to give to special people.

All stamps are from various Tim Holtz holiday stamp sets.







I created the ornament first.......

The Santa face is stamped with Espresso on white card stock. I added Distress inks for color. I stamped "Christmas" from the "Christmas Carols" stamp and embossed it with gold. I used a Ranger Memory 2x2 Frame and glass.
Then I stamped the background to look like branches of a Christmas tree using Pine Needles and Distress EP. Music lines are stamped below the branches and it's all aged with Distress inks. I also added a touch of gold embossing at the corners.
I wanted it to be on the front of a card. Okay, that's pretty dimensional for a card front so that led me to create a box type card.

I created a frame box out of card stock deep enough to hold the ornament. It didn't look right plain so I stamped music, script and "believe" over it and distressed it all. The cover is the same paper as the frame box on the outside with dark red inside. I stamped Merry Christmas embossed in gold with space to write a message. Pine branches are stamped all around the edges with Walnut Stain.
The cover is held in place with hinges from Judikins. They work so well......the cover opens completely flat. I tried paper hinges but they didn't work as well.



The back of the ornament has another Santa face with "Believe" in gold, also colored with Distress inks.

I added a gold cord hanger and a bow that's distressed a bit to tone down the color.

The ornament is held in place with removable glue dots....easily removed to hang on the tree. Some of the cord is tucked through a hole and looped behind. A simple tug on the knot will release it.

I hope you enjoyed this gift!

May you have a blessed Christmas!

3 comments:

Barbara Jean said...

It's beautiful Judy.

Thanks for sharing it.

blessings

barbara jean

Lynn Stevens said...

Its beautiful, Hope your Christmas was full of Magic!

Debby said...

Oh my goodness positively stunning!