Monday, November 30, 2009

Vintage Fleur de Lis Ornament

A different paper ornament.........


This ornament was created using Spellbinder Fleur De Lis die. I was inspired by Becca Feeken's ornament. I chose to make mine more vintage looking and this ornament is one sided having a flat back.

I started with 2 of each of the center out of dark green pearlescent paper and 2 big fleur de lis die cuts out of cream cardstock. I also cut a pearlescent dark green circle for the back. You see the color peeking through the cutouts near the edges. I used Antique Linen Distress ink on the edges before folding.

You can follow Becca's tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers for the cutting and folding directions. If you want to make it like mine, only cut 2 of each and add the circle backing.

The antique button that I found in my collection seemed made for the center. I added a touch of green with a Copic marker. The ribbon hanger is glued to the back before adding the backing circle.

I wish I had time to do a step out of all the steps..........too many other committments. Becca's directions are super! I think you'll be able to figure out the changes I made. You may even prefer her ornament. If you have any questions, please email me or leave a comment. I'll be happy to answer.

Have a super Monday!
-judy

2 comments:

Jen Shults said...

wow, this is just amazing! I LOVE it!!!!

Barbara Jean said...

This is wonderful
Wish i could do all these beautiful things.

Good to catch up. have not had a chance to get by for awhile
off to see more

blessings

barbara jean