Sunday, November 29, 2009

Holly Foil Card

This is a simple Christmas card I created using a holly 5 x 7" embossing folder from Provo Craft.

I started by embossing a piece of green craft foil. I then trimmed it to this size. It could easily be cut first and placed in the folder to get just this pattern.
To remove the color, I lightly rubbed Ranger's Solvent stamp cleaner over the raised pattern. I swiped the cleaner top on a paper towel occasionally to clear off the color. A word of warning, if too much cleaner gets on the foil it will run into the debossed areas and remove color there as well. By swiping it on a paper towel, it cleans off the color as well as dries the cleaner top slightly. It's a simple technique to try on all colors of foil! There are no scratches as with sanding.
For the card front, I used Core'dinations Whitewash paper. I sanded the color off with a large emory board. I like the subtle holly pattern that accents the foil yet doesn't detract from it.
The foil is layered onto red and white cardstock. A simple knotted ribbon and greeting tag complete the card. The verse is from Hero Arts Holiday Sayings set.
..........hoping to find more time to stamp soon!

No comments: