Monday, September 7, 2009

Windmill ATC

Happy Labor Day!

It's a busy family weekend for me. Our local hometown celebration, Box Car Days, is held over this weekend every year. Our kids come home.....so fun to have them here! We usually have one home cooked meal together. We take in the carnival, fly in breakfast and the highlight: the Labor Day parade....coming up today.

We drive some of our antique tractors to town for display......several trips to get 6 tractors there which includes some of my Dad's tractors. We didn't take as many this year.......not enough time to get them all ready. My DH drives one of his tractors in the parade pulling a float for our church.

Fun but very hectic at times!

I've got a bit of down time now.......got DH and one grandson off to the get ready for the parade, 3 others are napping, my granddaughter is coloring and chatting with me.



This is an ATC I created with a stamp from AO's The Outpost. I love this scene, so much like the countryside around here. I stamped it with black ink and used Distress inks (Peeled Paint, Broken China and Brushed Corduroy) to add color. The ATC back stamp is from AO Mini Masterpiece colored with Distress Broken China and Antique Linen. Ooops......I almost forgot I stamped the tree from the big Outpost image using Latte ink on the ATC back first. You can see it faintly in the background. Then added the border stamp and coloring.





The house image was trimmed close and matted on cream cardstock which is the back. I tried trimming it leaving a narrow border but it was too hard to try to mask it when applying the Distress colors. Much easier to add a slightly bigger mat/back.

I hope you're having a great Labor Day! It's time to head to the parade.

Smiles to all,
-judy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great ATC! Beautifully done!

Mari said...

I just love how the house pops out from the DI colors. Beautiful.