Thursday, March 26, 2009

Live in the Moment

I created this card a couple months ago. At the time, I wasn't sure I liked it.


As I was digging through my cards in search for something appropriate for a birthday, I found it again. It didn't fit the occasion but it somehow looked better now.

The stamps are from Tim Holtz' Nature's Moments set. I used a lot of Distress inks, probably Antique Linen, Vintage Photo & Black Soot. I can't remember for sure.

The frame was created with a Spellbinders die. I used the back side of the embossed image: the debossed side. That's why the design stayed dark in the pattern when I sanded it. I didn't plan to emboss it that way......a mistake that turned out better than planned. I trimmed the paper around the embossed shape & used a corner rounder on the corners.

It looks like it got charred or rubbed with soot........

Make each moment beautiful!
-judy

3 comments:

Lynn Stevens said...

I can't believe you didnt like this! I LOVE it!!!you should do a whole set!

Anonymous said...

It's a beautiful card! I love the way you framed the sentiment and the ribbon detail just pulls it all together.

Debby said...

Well this should be framed and preserved. It is stunning. Gorgeous.l Beautiful. Wow. I ran out of adjectives but you get me ;-)