Monday, September 17, 2018

Noel Ornament Holiday Card

Today, I'm showcasing a new die from Amazing Paper Grace,  Charming Round Tag, on this Noel Ornament Holiday Card.  I've also used Grand Dome 3D  dies.


When I finished this card, I wasn't really fond of it...… I'm liking it much better now!  It often helps me to walk away from a project for awhile, maybe even a day, and then look at it.  Sometimes I see something that needs to be changed, other times I see how good it looks. This card takes me out of my "box" a bit as it more glitzy than I usually make. A good thing to step out of my box!!!

I made the ornament first and designed the card around it.  I cut a round tag of teal cardstock for the base using the tag die from Charming Round Tag.  Then I cut gold foil paper with the same die with Noel insert at top and scroll design piece at the bottom.  The inserts for this die set are half round pieces and interchangeable. I also cut the ornament top piece from gold.  I used E-Z Runner® Micro Refillable Dispenser along the edges to fasten the gold to teal.  Across the center I added a piece of teal ribbon and 2 pieces of gold braid and wrapped the ends to the back. I used E-Z Runner® Ultra Refillable Dispenser to fasten ribbon and all ends in back and the  E-Z Runner® Micro Refillable Dispenser to fasten the braid. I then set it aside to make the card.

The basic shape of the card was cut with Grand Dome 3D Card out of cream color cardstock.  To do that, I placed a folded piece of cardstock (slightly bigger than Grand Dome 3D outer die) against but not over the cutting edge of die so the fold edge would not be cut.  I taped it place and cut the shaped card.  I cut off the tabs.  Next I cut teal cardstock with outer, scroll insert and inner circle dies from Grand Dome 3D Card.  After that I decided to put script stamping behind the ornament so I cut a mask using Grand Dome 3D Card outer die and circle.  I laid that over the card front and stamped over it with Penny Black Script stamp and Versafine Clair Twilight ink that was stamped off once.  Voila, the script is only in the circle area.  I sponged on a little color around the edges with Distress Peacock Feathers ink and also rubbed some over the scroll area.  
Then I got the idea to rub the same ink over the ornament.  I really didn't like the look of the white edges on the gold paper on Noel and scroll design so I sponged ink over and rubbed it in well.  Yes, the gold part got ink on it!  I simply wiped it off with a paper towel after misting it lightly with water. The ink didn't stick to the gold paper as it has such a shiny finish.


The ornament is fastened to the card with Thin 3D Foam Squares White Mix.  I fastened a bow of teal and gold ribbon on top with Adhesive Dots Medium. The final touch is a few gold rhinestones on ornament and card. 


Thank you so much for visiting! I hope you've found some inspiration here!

Judy

Materials Used:

Amazing Paper Grace Dies by Becca Feeken:
Charming Round Tag S4-962






Other Supplies: Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko Versafine Clair Twilight ink, Distress Ink Peacock Feathers, Penny Black Script stamp, Want2Scrap Gold Rhinestones,Teal Cardstock, Cream Cardstock, Gold Foil Cardstock, Ribbon, Gold Braid,

No comments: