Sunday, May 27, 2018

Graceful Swirl Booklet

Sponsored:  As a designer on the Amazing Paper Grace Creative Team, I am provided with dies to create projects. I'm also a designer for Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L and receive product from them.

It's Sunday with an Amazing Paper Grace project!  I made a little booklet that I call Graceful Swirl Booklet. It's made with S5-368  Graceful Doily for the center medallion and S5-366 Swirl Background to cut design to cover front.  Both of these dies are so intricate and beautiful! I also used S5-363 Swirl Booklet Insert to frame a verse inside front cover.


Graceful Swirl Booklet is 5 x 6 inches.  The cover is 100 lb. Kraft cardstock.  Pages are ivory paper that's heavier than printer paper but not quite cardstock weight.  I cut 5 pages 6 x 9¾.  Each one was scored and folded. I nested them together to make a signature.  Five evenly spaced holes were made with needle tool in the fold.  I trimmed the outer edges of the pages even when they were nested together.  I recommend waiting to sew the pages to the cover until it's finished.  Otherwise, the pages could easily get ink on them. 

To decorate the cover, I cut 2 of S5-366 Swirl Background from black cardstock to which Adhesive Sheets 6 x 12 inch was applied on the back. I must admit this intricate background cut the cardstock but didn't quite cut through the adhesive backing after 2 passes through die cut machine.  That made it a bit challenging to take all the pieces out of it.  I cut two so I could layer them together to be thicker.  I fastened it to the booklet cover by peeling adhesive backing and pressing in place.  I used my heat gun to warm the adhesive  for a better hold.  (photo shows cords at center....I redid that for the finished booklet)



My next step was to rub Distress Concord Grape ink over the entire cover.  I used Black Soot to darken the edges a little.


The medallion from bottom up is a black cardstock circle base cut with Spellbinders Standard Circles SM #6 die. Next is a circle of black cut with circle from S5-368  Graceful Doily.  Layered over it is a "donut" circle cut with both circles and outer pattern dies form S5-368  Graceful Doily.  Cardstock had Adhesive Sheets on back which made it easy to fasten to the black circle.  I rubbed Metallic Lustre Iced Espresso over it so it looks metallic.  In the center is circle cut from black cardstock.  It's fastened with E-Z Runner® Ultra Refillable Dispenser , my favorite adhesive dispenser when using Distress inks.  The resins in the inks make it hard to get adhesive to stick.  The E-Z Runner Ultra works!  The last piece for the medallion is 2 of the decorative circle cut from black cardstock with Adhesive Sheets applied to back.  I layered the 2 pieces together for more dimension. It's also rubbed with Iced Espresso Metallic Lustre.  I added a bit more adhesive to the center with E-Z Runner Ultra  for extra hold when I fastened it in place.  Finally, a purple rhinestone is fastened in the center.


The last step is to sew the signature and cover together.  I started at the top because I wanted the cord ends to dangle from there. I stitched through cover and pages to bottom and then stitched back to top.  After knotting the cords together, I added some beads to the ends.
Inside the cover, I added an insert with verse on the first page in the booklet.  It was cut with 
S5-363 Swirl Booklet Insert from black cardstock.  Verse is stamped on same paper as pages with Versafine Clair Monarch ink.  


Thanks for visiting!

Judy

Supplies: 
Amazing Paper Grace Dies by Becca Feeken:
S5-366 Swirl Background
S5-368  Graceful Doily
S5-363 Swirl Booklet Insert

Adhesive Sheets 6 x 12 inch
E-Z Runner® Ultra Refillable Dispenser


Other Supplies:  Spellbinders S4-116 Standard Circles SM; DecoArt® Metallic Lustre: Iced Espresso, Gold Rush; Distress Inks: Concord Grape, Black Soot;  Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko Versafine Clair Monarch; Want2Scrap Rhinestones;  100 lb. Kraft Cardstock; Black Cardstock; Ivory Heavy Text Paper; Black Pearl Cotton, Verse Stamp

No comments: