Monday, April 15, 2013

A Red Heart Jeans Fob

I'm back...........finally!

Today, I have glittery heart jeans fob to share.


This heart is one of the new bezels in Spellbinders Media Mixage line.  Its called Hearts One.  There's a matching die template that cuts paper, foil, etc. to fit inside the heart.  I've used red Shimmer Sheetz. 


Here you can see most of the supplies I used including the heart bezel and matching die template.

After cutting the heart from red Shimmer Sheetz, I embossed it with Spellbinders So Trendy M-Bossabilities folder.  It's one of my favorite patterns.  The small design works well in the heart. 
I glued the red heart into the bezel before adding Ice Resin.  I added glitter along the edges after a layer of the ICE Resin.  Then I added more ICE Resin to fill the bezel.  I used a straight pin to push some of the glitter back to the edges that wanted to stray into the center.

After the ICE Resin set up overnight, I added 2 jump rings to the bezel and fastened the rings to the big ring of the spring clip.  The heart is fairly heavy so I thought it needed 2 for strength.  I added the little key charm with smaller jump rings and then added the flower charm.  
The ICE Resin really accents the shine of the glitter and the Shimmer Sheetz heart below!  It's such an amazing product, so crystal clear!  It scared me to try it at first.  Now, I wonder why!!!  It gives great results if you follow the directions.  Mixing is key!

Tomorrow, I'll be back with a super easy pocket to put this heart fob into for a gift! 

Have a creative Monday!

-judy

1 comment:

Margie Higuchi said...

Love that pop of red and what a great idea to use the bezel that way :)