Wednesday, February 6, 2013

An Embossed and Gilded Tag

I finally took time this evening to make something just for my blog!!!  It's been a very long time.......  Thanks and big hugs to all my loyal followers who haven't given up on me!!!

So tonight I set out to do a quick tag..... 


The embossing was quick!  The rest was a bit more involved!

I used one of Spellbinders new 3D M-Bossabilities folders to emboss a manilla tag!  The embossing is amazing!  Very deep!  This pattern is E3D-005 Ornamental Swirls.  The folder embosses a 5 x 7" area.  I used just the bottom of it for my tag.  At the top I embossed lines using just a portion of EL-026 Framed Petite Labels (not 3D).  Okay, that was the easy part!!!

Next, I rubbed on Baroque Art Gilders Paste.  I just recently added a few of these to my stash.  The shine is amazing after buffing. I don't think they were exactly developed for paper but they work! 

I started with Patina.
 
Then I added Blue Iris......
 
Pretty cool!  Except I didn't exactly like the tag color showing in the deep areas of the embossing.  So I decide to try Tattered Angels Pomegranate Glimmer Mist over the tag.  The Gilders Paste is a waxy product so I expected it to repel the Glimmer Mist.


It did repel the color in some areas.  Other areas absorbed more than I wanted.  The question: Start over or keep adding color?   I added more color!!

I dried the Glimmer Mist.  Then I added more Gilders Paste.  I added Antique Gold next.  Then more Iris Blue and even a touch of Copper.  I kept rubbing on color, buffing it and adding more until it was "okay".  I needed to get it done so I could go to bed!  LOL!


Once I added the ribbon and tag, I loved the colors!

The frame part of the tag was cut from white cs.  I sprayed it with Pomegranate Glimmer Mist and added a touch of Iris Blue Gilders Paste around the edges.  The greeting from Quietfire Designs is stamped on pale sage card stock and glued behind.  Both tags are from Spellbinders S4-392 Framed Tags One.  Love these tags because there's a cut out for each one that's also a tag in itself.  You can see the set here

The sheer ribbon is from May Arts.  I tied the tag on with gold thread. 

The color is wonderful but the most amazing part is the detail and incredible dimensional effect of the embossing created with the 3D M-Bossabilities folder!  You will love these!!!

Supplies:

Spellbinders  E3D-005 Ornamental Swirls
Spellbinders EL-026 Framed Petite Labels
Spellbinders S4-392 Framed Tags One
Tattered Angels Glimme Mist - Pomegranate
Quietfire Design Stamp
Baroque Art Gilders Paste - Patina, Iris Blue, Antique Gold, Copper
May Arts Ribbon
Manilla Tag
Card Stock - white, sage
Tsukineko Versafine - Onyx Black
Gold Thread


Thank you for visiting today!!! 

Happy creating!
-judy




9 comments:

Mary Jo said...

Judy I like your project and the tutorial to see how if progressed.

Holly - Wild Wyoming Art Cafe' said...

Wow!!! This is stunning Judy!

Rach83 said...

Absolutely love the colours and beautiful embossing. This really inspires me to try something with a tag. Not something I had thought of before. Thanks so much for sharing.

Rachel x

Rach83 said...

Absolutely love the colours and beautiful embossing. This really inspires me to try something with a tag. Not something I had thought of before. Thanks so much for sharing.

Rachel x

Quietfire said...

Oh, WOW! This is absolutely gorgeous! Thanks so much for using the stamp Judy! Gee, I almost missed this! Bad Suzanne

Robyn said...

Love the metallic look of the paste and how all your elements go together.
You are amazing!

Bibi said...

Wow, that's just gorgeous!! :-)))

Dottie said...

Gee's, you sure do take making a tag to the next level! I, too, hadn't thought of making tags like this but you have inspired me to give it a go. I love the multitude of layers of color...just like eating a great sauce. This tag is beautiful!

Lady Bug Stampers said...

Wow this is amazing I love it! Just found it on Pinterest and had to come see how it was done. Thanks for the inpsiration!
Linda K.