Thursday, February 9, 2012

Black, Red and White Cut-Fold-Tuck Card

I have a card to share today created with one of the new Spellbinders Cut-Fold-Tuck die templates.  These are such easy to do shapes that look so intricate and hard.  Really, they are so easy!!! 



The Cut-Fold-Tuck shape I used is from the set called Angle Approach S5-111.  I used a paper from KaiserCraft that has the white/black/red pattern on one side and red on the back.  Double sided papers work so well for the Cut-Fold-Tuck shapes!  
I actually cut 2 of the largest Angle Approach, one of white with red back paper and another one of solid black cardstock.  I made the folds and tucks on both of them.  I flipped the black one over and fastened it behind the red/white one off set slightly.  I flipped it because I wanted the little openings along the edge to show opposite the openings on the front one.   Bits of the black one show thruough the openings in the red/white one.  I've folded and glued all the little pieces near the center allowing the black to show from behind.  I added a black pearl to the center. These are layered onto a red circle.
The black mat was cut with Spellbinders Grand Labels One and then embossed with Spellbinders™ M-Bossabilities™ Imperial.  I love how deep these folders impress the pattern into cardstock!  
A square mat of red cut using Spellbinders Grand Squares layered onto a white square card finishes the card front.
I added a tiny tag cut with Spellbinders S5-028 Nested Pennants.  I cut the tip off and punched a tiny hole for the string. The greeting is from Waltzingmouse.

Spellbinders did a live feed on the first day of CHA to show all the new products. I did a short demo of the Cut-Fold-Tuck process. You can see the video on the Spellbinders blog post for January 29,2012. Click here to go to it! You'll need to click on the link to get to the video. The demos are in the 2nd half of the feed.

Thanks for visiting!  Watch for these new SPellbinders Cut-Fold-Tuck die templates in your LSS sometime in March!!!

happy creating!
-judy

4 comments:

Elizabeth Allan said...

Can't wait to see these dies.... Great card!

Margie Higuchi said...

FAB card!!!! Come on Judy - you worked hard on it for a whole THREE MINUTES! LOL!! LOVE these die templates - can't stop playing with them!! Oh, btw you are on the feed @ 52:54 mins (yes, I checked! LOL!! ;0P). TGIF, my friend! xo

christi said...

very cute card. i can't wait to get this set and try my hand at it.

Sharon Huffman said...

I just found your blog while perusing images of Spellbinders dies and plan on coming back to soak it all up later. Congrats on being selected for the 3rd year!