Monday, October 10, 2011

Sarah and Grandpa Scrapbook Page

This is such a great photo of my dad and daughter that I naturally had to use it for a scrapbook page!!!

I ceeated this page for Spellbinders. As you can see there are several different die cut shapes on it!  I used mostly papers from GCD, Donna Salazar's Antiquities collection except for the ruler border and mat behind the photo. 
I started with a light color 12 x 12" page.  This one has some gears and a figure of a gentleman along the left side.  I incorporated that into my page and added to it.
My photo is 5 x 7".  I've framed it by cutting Spellbinders LF-347 Grand Labels Twenty Three from MME Holly Jolly "Deck the Halls" paper. (I liked the color and the holly really doesn't show!!!)  There's a light colored mat at the top of the photo.  I liked the light paper next to the light area of the photo, leaving the darker area of the photo against the darker mat. It just seemed to make the photo pop!   I've added some scrolly pieces to soften the corners. These were cut with Spellbinders S5-071 Twisted Metal Tags and Accents (one of my favorite sets!).  The lighter ones have been stenciled through the die template before removing the paper with Distress Pumice Stone ink. To get the lighter edge on the darker ones, I've layered  and glued 2 pieces together, one light and one dark, offsetting them slightly.  To one top corner, I added some gears. All the gears were cut with Spellbinders S5-048 Sprightly Sprockets.  I placed my photo in the upper corner to allow some of the images on the background page to show along the left and lower edge. 
My border started with a piece of ruler paper from Authentique Blissful "Prosperity".  I added a "lace" edge which is actually paper cut with Spellbinders S5-063 Lace Doily Accents.  I crumpled it a bit to look more distressed.  It's pieced behind one of the flowers.   The border actually threads through the biggest gear.  The rest are layerd over the top.  I've mixed in a few flowers with button centers.  These were cut with Spellbinders S4-352 Spiral Blossom Two.  The smaller ones are coiled a bit tighter than the bigger one.  I smashed them with my hand, more distressed and flatter for the page!  There's also some more scrolly pieces tucked under the ruler, too.
"you & me" was cut with Spellbinders PP-001 Presto Punch machine and punch templates PT-F01 Plain Jane capital and PT-F02 Plain Jane lower case (ampersand from upper case).  "G'PA" was cut and embossed with Spellbinders LF-003 Donna's Alphas and sanded. 
I added the names and a date with a fine tip permanent brown marker.
My thoughts as I incorporated gears and flowers plus lace was that the gears and ruler fit my dad.  He's a farmer and constantly seems to be fixing something, sometimes gears!  The flowers and lace fit add a femine touch for Sarah!  Using the coordinating papers pulls them all together!

Thanks for visiting!
judy

Supplies:
Spellbinders LF-347 Grand Labels Twenty Three
Spellbinders S5-048 Sprightly Sprockets
Spellbinders S5-071 Twisted Metal Tags and Accents
Spellbinders S4-352 Spiral Blossom Two
Spellbinders S5-063 Lace Doily Accents
 Spellbinders LF-003 Donna's Alphas
Spellbinders PP-001 Presto Punch machine
Spellbinders PT-F01 Plain Jane
Spellbinders PT-F02 Plain Jane
Spellbinders GC-001 Grand Calibur machine
GCD Studios Donna Salazar Antiquities
My Minds Eye Holly Jolly Deck the Halls
Authentique Blissful Prosperity
Creative Impressions Paper Fasteners
Buttons Galore & More Neutrals
Glue Dots
Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L
Ranger Distress Pumice Stone



6 comments:

Heavens2Betsy said...

This is a very beautiful page and lovely keepsake. penny

Margie Higuchi said...

Such a sweet and beautiful page, Judy. I'm loving all the dies you incoporated in here. Glad you listed down because I can't keep track! LOL!! WONDERFUL job, my friend!! xo

Judy Hayes said...

Thanks for your comments! You keep me inspired!!!
-judy

Dee in N.H. said...

That is beautiful!!! Both the picture and the page are awesome!

Holly - Wild Wyoming Art Cafe' said...

Love this layout Judy! Gorgeous use of sprockets and spiral blossoms - wow!

Kathy said...

I love this page!