Thinking Fall with this card!
This card is very similar to my decoratied candle shown in my post on October 18th. Click here or scroll down a bit to see it.
I used Spellbinders™ S5-073 Orchard Harvest Tags and Accents to cut and emboss the frame around the verse and the foil leaves. It's one of my favorite sets right now!!! The verse is from an older cling stamp set by JustRite, called "A Day in the Country". THe little leaves stamped around the verse are also from that set. The verse is stamped on Worldwin Canvas card stock with Espresso ink. I added the leaves with Rust, Butterscotch, and Terra Cotta inks. I used my finger to dab some matching ink onto each one. Then I used Antique Linen Distress ink over all of it.
The frame is cut and embossed from a My Mind's Eye brown paper. I sanded the embossed areas to reveal the inner core color of the paper. Then I rubbed Vintage Photo ink over it. This is one of my favorite techniques! It's a great way to accent the embossed pattern from the Spellbinders die template. I especially like the dot pattern along the edge of this one!
My card is cut with Spellbinders LF-246 Grand Labels Eleven. Easy to do! Simply fold a piece of card stock slightly bigger than the die template. Align the fold along an inner straight edge on the die template and tape in place and cut with the Grand Calibur™. I've also used Grand Labels Eleven to cut a frame of brown paper. I've nested 2 sizes and cut and embossed them at the same time. I cut the check paper with the bigger die template used for the frame. A perfect fit behind the frame! THe same small leaves are stamped on the check paper with Espresso ink.
The foil leaves are cut from Spellbinders™ Precious Metals Premium Craft Foil. I've used gold and copper color. I like to adhere the foil to scrap card stock before cutting. It makes the shapes stronger so they aren't bent as easily. I use Adhesive Sheets by Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L. It works well and doesn't gum up my die templates.
After cutting and embossing the leaves, I lightly rubbed my solvent stamp cleaner over the embossing. The solvent takes off the color. It's safest to use it on a Q-tip with a very light touch. The solvent tends to bleed or run and suddenly a big spot of color is gone!!! I shaped the leaves and fastened them to the card with Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L 3D Foam Squares. I added a button with bakers twine and distressed with Vintage Photo ink. More bakers twine wraps around the card front under the frame and leaves. THe ends are hidden behind the frame!
This frame and leaves would be great on the front of a journal. Or maybe a wooden box. A scrapbook page!
Thanks for looking!!!
Have fun creating!