Monday, June 13, 2011

A Pennant Birthday Card

Happy Tuesday!

I have another card to share!!!  

I've used a felt pennant as a design element on the background of this birthday card. 


I started with a card base that's 4 1/8" x 5 3/8".    I used Spellbinders Nested Pennants S5-028 to cut the felt pennant and stitch it to My Mind's Eye script paper before adhering that to the card front.
I added a dark mat of Graphic 45 papers cut with Spellbinders Labels Seventeen S5-025 #3,    Next is a gold patterned paper from Graphic 45 cut with Labels Eighteen S4-310 #3.   I've stamped "Birthday Wishes" on a pennant cut with a die template from Spellbinders Nested Pennants S5-028. The stamp is from Waltzingmouse's Fancy Phrases set which I inked with Espresso from Ranger.  The verse is popped up with 3D Foam Squares.   It's anchored on the left with 2 gears and a brad: dark brown gear on top and gold craft foil behind, both cut with Spellbinders Sprightly Sprockets S5-048.  I've also tucked a gear on the right side behind the dark mat.  See it peeking out?!   

The pennant die shapes can be used in so many ways other than a pennant!   It's basically a triangle after all!!!

Step outside your box!  Try a shape in a different way!!!
That's one of my favorite things to do!!! 




Check back on Wednesday for a new release from Artistic Outpost!!!  Woohoo!  New stamps!

:)
judy

2 comments:

Hope and Chances said...

Lovely - the felt pennant is truly nice.

Elizabeth Allan said...

Great design Judy!