Sunday, December 19, 2010

A Stamped Gift Box

Here's a stamped gift box that's quite quick to make!
This is one of my Artistic Outpost projects for the Jane's Countryside stamps.  I chose a scene stamp hoping for a toille look.  I'm happy with how it turned out!
I started with a 4 x 4 x 4" white gift box that I ordered from Oriental Trading.  You could do this on any solid color gift box!
I offset the stamped images to fit together as best as I could masking with scrap paper as needed to keep from overlapping.  For this box, I used Ranger Bottle ink.  I knew I had this beautiful green ribbon.  So I chose it to match!  Any color will work!
I made a very simple matching tag.  I used a portion of the stamped image matted with green.  I cut the scalloped white base with Spellbinders Eyelet Squares #2.  There's room to write "to" and "from" or a greeting on the back.



This box is almost a gift in itself.  The receiver can easily fold it flat and save it to use again! 

Try this idea with Christmas stamps!  Wouldn't one of the stamps from Artistic Outpost's Sleigh Ride make a great Christmas box?

Thinking of Christmas.........I have oodles to do. Back to my long list of "to dos"!

Have a creative day!
-judy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

gorgeous Judy! I love it!
Pam Going Postal

Robyn Phelan Sharp said...

This is just beautiful, and thank you so much for the box full of goodies. I have several of your cards out...examining them...trying to dissect exactly how you create the luscious colors. (I promise I'm not harming them, just staring, really really really hard.)