Saturday, June 12, 2010

County Fair

County Fair season will be here before we know it!  The summer seems to fly by once the weather warms up!
With fond memories of our county fair, I put this card together using stamps from Artistic Outpost's Country Life!
I stamped the barn scene first using Espresso ink on white card stock.   Then I masked it and stamped the boy.  I colored all parts with watercolors. I would usually use watercolor paper but didn't this time.  I had in mind to use Distress inks for coloring when I stamped it.  The trick with regular card stock is not to get it too wet or it starts to pill......I dab off the moisture as I work with a paper towel.
The pig, flags and "county fair" ticket were stamped separately and cut out.  I created the 1st place ribbon with Spellbinders Pinking Circles SM #1 die and the #1 die from Blossom Two.  I free hand cut the ribbon tails. I added a little metal number that I had in my stash.
I used my burlap again to emboss the reddish background mat....I love the texture it creates!  I rubbed Distress Fired Brick and Aged Mahogany inks over it to really accentuate the texture!  I used Distress Stormy Sky on the blue card stock for my card front.
A little twine across the bottom adds to the country feel!  I stamped "country life" on a piece of craft stick that I simply broke to size.  I added a touch of watercolor to "stain" it which also made the stamping wash out a bit.  Seemed appropriate for this card!
My favorite part?  The little pig.  He is just the cutest!

Supplies:
Artistic Outpost Country Life
Watercolors
White, royal blue card stock
Bazzill - blue, dk rust, brown
White, blue card stock
Metal "1"
Wood craft stick
Thin Twine

2 comments:

Lynn Stevens said...

Cute card Judy, How are you enjoying designing for spellbinders?

LauraB said...

great card-love the different elements!