Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Somewhere...

.......beyond the sea!

I chose stamps from "Beyond the Sea" for this card.  These colors come to my mind when I think of the ocean.
First, I stamped the girl and shells on watercolor paper and colored them with watercolors.  I set them aside to dry for a few minutes.  Then, I stamped the card front.  I placed all 4 shells on an acrylic block and stamped them all at once using Versamark ink.....very quick!  For the frame, I placed the #6 Spellbinders Labels Eleven die on my magnetic mat.  Then I aligned the #5 die from Spellbinders Classic Ovals SM on the mat centerd in the Labels Eleven die.  I cut and embossed the frame.  For the brown mat, I cut around the outside of the #6 Labels Eleven die with a craft knife.  The result is a mat just a little bigger than the die cut.......much more even than my free hand cutting!   I added a piece of mesh under the frame across the card front.....I thought it looked a little like net or evern dried seaweed.  It started white but didn't look quite right so I colored it with Distress Pumice Stone and Vintage Photo inks leaving a few white spaces.  The verse is stamped with Ranger Espresso ink.
 I shaped the shells when they were still wet from the watercolor. Each one is mounted with foam tape.   You can see some of the dimension in this photo
-----------}


Are you enjoying the new Artistic Outpost releases?  Have you had a chance to check out the work of the other Design Team members?  There are links to their blogs on my post early this morning (just scroll down to the post below).

Thanks for visiting! 
-judy

4 comments:

Doreen Osland said...

Love this card Judy!!!

Mary Jo said...

I think this card is so pretty. You have so many creative ideas. Thank you for all the sharing you do.

SmilynStef said...

Love how you used the seashells on your frame ... lovely cards.

Karalee said...

Absolutely gorgeous.