Saturday, May 1, 2010

Friends

Hello blogger friends!  Happy May Day!  
It's been awhile, huh?!?  
I put all my spare time into my Spellbinders projects this past week.  They were due on Friday.  I submitted them on Thursday.  Yeah!  My first assignments done!  I'm not free to share them yet.  I will certainly show you once I can.

Since I don't have anything new to share, I went searching through my photos for something I hadn't posted.  I found this card created with Penny Black stamps.  This is to all my blogger friends.....special treasures for sure!!
The heart stamp is Penny Black "love is the message".  I inked it with Ranger Cranberry, Red Pepper, Lettuce and
Meadow applying the inks to the stamp directly from a corner of each ink pad.  This is not a precise technique but I love the look.  Once the stamp was inked, I misted it lightly and stamped it on cream card stock.  I actually stamped it twice, once for the background, and another time to cut out the heart.  I shaped the heart by rubbing a paper stump over the back side.  It's mounted with foam tape just in the center, the edges touch the card.  I added Antique Linen around the edges of the cream card stock and Burgundy Stickles to the little buds on the vine.  I used a corner rounder on the corners and added a green mat.
The vine on the card front was stamped with Penny Black "scrolling along" using Versamark ink and white EP.  The verse is PB "special treasures" stamped in Cranberry, with narrow red and green mats, again rounding all the corners. 
With the heart being a separate piece, it was easy to fasten the ribbon from the left edge under the heart.  It seems to go under the heart, through the paper and come out on the right edge.  It's really 2 pieces of ribbon made to look that way!
I hope to get some new things created this week!  I'm itching to try out some new stamps that I bought last week!  I was planning to stamp this weekend but  my plans changed.  My daughter, Sarah, is visiting.  We're heading to my other daughter's home a little later today.  Quality family time! I'll see my gandchildren, too! It will be a good change of pace for me.
Thanks for visiting! :)
-judy

1 comment:

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous card Judy!