Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Bear Kisses

Aren't these bears just adorable?

This is one of the new releases from Penny Black called "nose-kiss". There are 3 new bear stamps.....all so cute!

I used Memento inks as my palette to watercolor the bears. By pressing each color of ink pad that I need onto a non-porous surface.....I use a piece of acrylic packaging or my glass work surface.....I create a palette of dyes to pick up with my waterbrush. I used watercolor paper here but I often use just a good quality paper. Watercolor paper allows more manipulation of the color without shredding the paper. With regular card stock, the color can't be reworked as much nor will it tolerate as much water.

It's a quick way to color.......at least, I think so! The longest part is waiting for the paper to dry.

The daisy background paper is from Imaginisce. I added a touch of glitter to the red mat edges. The heart has glitter glue on it.

I challenge you to get out any water based dye ink.....Memento or Ranger Adirondack inks will work....and try your hand at watercolor!

Have fun - create something!
-judy

No comments: