Friday, October 23, 2009

A Little Book for Copics

Hello everyone! Can you believe I'm posting again so soon?

I had forgotten about these photos. When I loaded the ornament photos I saw them. Aha! Something to put on the blog!


This is a little notebook and gift card that I made for a special friend.

She took the Copic Certification class this month. This little book is for coloring with her Copics so she can keep notes about which colors work well together, maybe some technique notes, too. Most of the pages are Neenah Classic Crest Solar White card stock......a great paper for Copic coloring. I included a few sheets of vellum, acetate and Avon Brilliant white card stock. The cover is cut out of USArtQuest mat board. I stamped it with my JustRite Brayton alphabet using Ranger Paint Dabbers. I misted the paint lightly before stamping which is why the letters have a tie-dyed look. Once the paint was dry, I sprayed a glossy clear coat over it so the paint wouldn't rub off. It's not really apparent in the photo but the covers have a nice shiny finish.

Inside the covers is paper from Basic Grey's Lemonade 6x6 paper pad. I used the Bind-It-All to cut the holes in the covers and pages and then attach the wire coil. The ribbon bookmark is tied to the top coil.

Out of my practice stamping for the title, I cut the word "color" to put on a little gift card. I used scraps of BG Lemonade DP and bits of ribbon......a very quick card. The envelope is a library card sleeve with the top edge turned down for a flap. Elizabeth's name is another practice scrap. I stamped her name on the back cover again using JustRite Brayton. The scrap was perfect to add to the envelope.


Just a little bit about Elizabeth.......she's a very talented stamper and paper crafter. We met at Summer CHA a few years ago. She was helping in the Penny Black booth. We each felt an instant bond yet never exchanged information so we could keep in touch. A couple months later, I emailed Penny Black to ask if they could give her my email address hoping she would respond. She did and we've been friends ever since!

Watch for Elizabeth's name in stamping magazines like Scrap & Stamp and Crafts'n'Things. She has stamped cards in both December issues. In fact, she has articles in both magazines! The article in Scrap & Stamp (Dec'09) about water coloring with dye inks is really good. She also designs for Penny Black. Some of her work is on their web page and product packaging.

Elizabeth, you're the best! Smiles to you....

I'll be sure to email her so she doesn't get too surprised by my post......

Have a super Saturday!

No comments: