Thursday, August 20, 2009

Simple Blessings


..........another card created with my JustRite Autumn Blessings set.

I stamped & heat embossed the verse with gold embossing powder. I simply trimmed it with a scissors. I used gold again for the border stamped on rust paper. It's cut with a Spellbinders Classic Scalloped Oval. I added a dark red (I know it looks purple in the photo but it's not) mat to peak out around the scallops.

The paper on the card front, Fall Orange Scroll, is from K & Co.

In order to shape the card edge, I laid the matted verse near the paper edge where I wanted to cut the curve. I traced it with a pencil & also penciled in the straight edge above & below the curve. I cut it with a scissors. If I were mass producing this card, I'd make a template out of card stock to trace on each card.
For the dark red edge, I traced the pattern that I just created.
I tied a bow & fastened the ends behind the DP on the left edge & under the matted verse on the right. Then I glued it all to a cream card which is 4 1/8" x 5 1/2". The oval curve extends 1/8" beyond the cream card.
The finishing touch is 3 Hero Arts gems.

Let us all be thankful for simple blessings!
Until next time.......keep stamping!
-judy

1 comment:

Barbara Jean said...

can't seem top drag myself away from here.
lovely card.

previous question about clock face and trees:
duh!!
just use two stamps??

I'm not very familiar with stamping, but you can probably get about whatever you want.

barbara jean