Sunday, July 12, 2009

Joyeux Noel

I posted this card to Artistic Outpost's blog yesterday. I had stamped & colored this image from Artistic Outpost's Snowy Woods set several months ago. It's one of the first images that I colored with my Copic markers. I thought it would be a quick start to a card..........well, it wasn't really quick because I took photos along the way so I could show you some of my steps.

I first created the torn paper that I used as a background mat.

Here's the how-to:
I started with some lightweight Kraft packing paper......already wrinkled. Great way to recycle! I wadded it into a ball to get more wrinkles and then smoothed it out again.

Next, I rubbed Distress Peeled Paint over the wrinkles using the pad directly on the paper. I dried the ink with my heat tool and wadded it into a ball again.

Then, I added Vintage Photo.........


More ink..........Brushed Corduroy this time.....


...........again with Aged Mahogany......

Next, I sprayed on color.......... I mixed 1 dropper of Brushed Corduroy & 1/2 dropper of Scattered Straw in a Mini Mister with water.


I dried the first layer with my heat tool and then resprayed it for more color. The paper is wonderfully soft & flexible now, tears great. I have enough for several projects.

Here's some of the steps for the card:
For the card front mat, I stamped the branch with Scattered Straw around the edges of some light tan Bazzil (sorry, I don't know the name). I also added Vintage Photo & Brushed Corduroy to the edges.

I stamped these little parts all at once. I cut out the package & Dec 25 and colored them with Antique Linen, Vintage Photo & Aged Mahogany inks. I drew a red marker line along the string on the package before I distressed it.

I used the smallest Spellbinders Labels Four for the Joyeux Noel. I embossed it & added Antique Linen ink before removing it from the die. I added a narrow dark red edge with permanent marker by keeping the marker tip on scrap paper, touching the label edge as I ran it along the edge.


I used white paper for the card itself.........white is a good base to show true ink colors. Besides, I didn't have a color that seemed right. I have lots of white paper.
I stamped the branch with Vintage Photo first. Then I added branches stamped with Peeled Paint, some once stamped off.


I sprayed all of the inside with the same Distress mixture: Scattered Straw, Brushed Corduroy & water and dried it with my heat tool. I also ironed it to dry & flatten it. The verse is stamped with Ranger Archival ink.......permanent & not water reactive.



I swiped the back of the card over my glass stamping surface that had inks all over it. It sort of got that way by accident so I helped it a little. Then I added Vintage Photo with Cut n Dry foam.



The old fashioned Santa is stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black. I colored the Santa & trees with Copic markers: B02, E31, E35, R37, R59, G85, W1. I rubbed Anitque Linen over the whole thing leaving the area around the verse lighter. I added a little Vintage Photo to the edges.

The stamped image is layered on dark red & very dark green Bazzill papers with edges frayed. I tore a piece of my colored Kraft paper to layer underneath. I added 2 pieces of jute, wrapped & glued to the back of card front mat. I tied a knot at the intersection & added a red floss knot. The package, Dec 25 & Joyeux Noel are all mounted on 2 layers of foam tape (the foam is at the end on the label so it fits over the jute).

I added several little branches cut from 2 different punches: McGill & Martha Stewart.

Hope you enjoyed this glimpse of

Creating...my style!

Feel free to email or leave a comment if you have any questions.........

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautifully done! Love the distressing!

Daniel August said...

WOW!!

Thanks a lot for the inspiration! :O

Loved the distressing, and the stamp you've used! ;P

Kind regards from Daniel

*Norway*

Barbara Jean said...

Soooo many steps.
You must have a lot of patience!

It is such a beautiful card.

OK. I've decided I simply cannot stop at each post and say how lovely they all are, cause i could be lookin' at more instead of writing.
soo off i go, and know I'm gonna' lovem' all!

blessings and beautiful work!

barbara jean