Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July

I hope you're all enjoying this celebration of our nation's independence!

I was lucky enough to have Friday off, too, so I'm enjoying a 3 day weekend. This is the first weekend in about a month that we haven't had family visiting or events to attend.........I'm enjoying just being home, catching up a bit on some chores & relaxing.


The best part........I found time to play today.



My inspiration for this card was a tag on a new T-shirt........a great start for a patriotic card.


I trimmed off the top edge to eliminate the hole and the bottom edge just above the perforations (about 1/4").



I then matted it on navy, white, navy & red cardstock. I stamped the greeting from Artistic Outpost's Hero set with Versamark & embossed it with white EP. I used a Spellbinders oval tag die to cut and emboss it. I added the white faux stitching with Ranger's Inkessentials White Gel pen (the best white gel pen I've ever used!) I punched holes at each end and added white eyelets. I threaded a red satin ribbon through the eyelets & tied a "half bow"(only 1 loop). I cut & embossed the little star from glossy white cardstock. Before I removed it from the die, I colored the center embossed star with Copic B39 (use rubbing alcohol or hand sanitizer to clean any marker off the die). I attached it to the bow with a Glue Dot.




I love the crispness & boldness of the red, white & blue!

I posted a totally different 4th of July card on Artistic Outpost's blog today. Click here to see a card in military green.

Enjoy a safe & relaxing 4th!

1 comment:

Gail said...

that's such a great idea!