Monday, February 16, 2009

Love

I know, I know........Valentines' Day is over. I just didn't get a chance to photograph & post this on Saturday.



I made this card for my husband. He made my day when he noticed all the details & appreciated the design.
I painted the Grungeboard letters with gold Crackle paint from Ranger. The heart is cut from red craft metal with a Spellbinders die . I used 2 different QK embossing plates to add the pattern. The metal takes the pattern so well....one of my favorite things to do! I applied black acrylic paint over the heart & buffed some if off. I also rubbed some of the red finish off to expose the aluminum color. I stamped script in gold across the black mat. The background paper is from Cosmo Cricket with some Distress Black Soot added around the edges. Once I had the letters mounted on the heart, it didn't seem quite finished so I added 3 narrow ribbons at each end to set it off.
Keep creating!
-judy

-judy

1 comment:

Debby said...

Oh my goodness Judy this is breathtaking. I wanna come play with you!