Sunday, December 21, 2008

Snowbound...

Good Morning!

I have been so busy getting ready for Christmas that I haven't had much opportunity to create anything to post. My creating has gone into baking & wrapping gifts...

The weather helped me out a bit this weekend.

We were supposed to go to my daughter's house for the weekend so we could see our grandson's church program. Instead, we were snowed in ....and still are. Snow & winds and bitter cold. Makes me wonder why I live in Minnesota!

This photo is a view out my kitchen door towards the east(right through the glass, way too cold to go outside!). The trees in the distance are about 1/2 mile away. The blowing snow wasn't quite at it's worst at that moment.


Tonight, I put together some cards for my employees. Yeah! I got to stamp & create.

I stamped the Thomas Kinkade Village Christmas with ADirondack Raisin on a cream card. I stamped "Merry Christmas" & embossed it with clear. I cut a dark red rectangle to fit the card front & embossed it with a Cuttlebug Swiss Dot folder. I then cut an oval out of the center. I cut a slightly smaller oval out of gold paper. I glued the gold oval under the red one, then attached it over the stamped image on the card front. I punched out some tiny branches out of the same gold paper & glued them along the oval opening. I added a burgundy bow and a verse inside.......done.
I can check that off my list....
Keep creating........
-judy

1 comment:

nomore said...

Nice pictures...Merry Christmas...
from: hecoree.blogspot.com